Sunday 18 November 2012

When last have you been to the Holy Place?

I have 10 seconds to justify my existence
God made me fast.  When I run, it pleases Him
(quotes from Chariots of Fire movie)

No justification is needed my friend.  We are trying so hard to perform and impress others and God.
When we are in the presence of the Most High we feel totally insecure and we should.
Our existence and calling is justified by the One who made us and died for us.

Psalm 73 speaks about the good life of arrogant and wicked people and how the children of God cannot understand that.  But only when I came into God's holy place/presence, did I finally understand (verse 17). 

As long as I have You,
I don't need anyone else in heaven or on earth
My body and mind may waste away
But God remains the foundation of my life
and my inheritance forever (verse 25)

I challenge you to complete this sentence with yourself in mind:

God made me .........................  When I ........................, it pleases Him.

His glory first and foremost. It is not about the calling but about the Caller!

Let us leave our list of urgent requests for a moment and just worship Him, stay in Him, remain in Him

"The colour of the morning is inside His eyes
I see His power in the moonlit sky!
He is beautiful!!"

Falling on my knees
Offering all of me

Lean into Him and rest.

He will not only give you supernatural peace but will take you to glory in the end!(Psalm 73:24)









No comments:

Post a Comment